1. Never guess the gender of a child based on the length of that child's hair. Hair can be misleading.
2. A preschool classroom is the equivalent of a pulmonary ICU. Nearly every child, aside from Ethan, spent the majority of their time hacking up a lung; out of courtesy to those around them, they were at least polite enough to hack into their elbows. Unless they forgot, in which case they coughed directly into your face while standing six inches away. I seriously almost asked for a surgical mask. I'm sure it is only a matter of days until I am stricken with some sort of medieval disease reserved solely for those thrown into the dungeon.
3. Sticker collages are the new Pop Art.
4. When you are four years old, getting the chance to be at the front of the line for class dismissal is akin to winning a Pulitzer.
5. And last but not least, I could never, ever be a teacher.
In addition to being my first time in Ethan's classroom, today is also Sadie's 18-month "birthday." I have slacked off of my monthly picture-taking but decided to pick it back up, at least for this month. What can I say, I am totally smitten. She is so stinking cute and just overflowing with spit and vinegar. She is super clingy these days and wants to be held quite a bit. I'm hoping she adjusts okay when she is no longer the baby of the house but we'll see. Until then, she's still my baby (well, she'll always be my baby but you know what I mean) and I can't get enough of her. If only she would stop growing up.
Puppy love! Sadie is completely obsessed with dogs, even our spazzy obnoxious one